Friday, January 21, 2011

The Unveiling of The 2011 Moving Forward Mary-thon Finisher's Medal!!!

"People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success."  
Norman Vincent Peale

So far, we have 141 participants in the 2011 Moving Forward Mary-thon!  141 individuals have pledged to exercise for 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week for 26 weeks.    I’m here to tell you that you are a member of an elite group – a group of mary-thoners who have a unique type of confidence in themselves – a confidence that is currently being transformed into success. 

Of course, there will be many rewards for taking on such a monumental challenge.  Here are just a few of the feathers that you will be able to put in your cap at the end of your 26 weeks:  You will have completed a goal (for some, a new year resolution);  you will have improved your health;  you will have done something athletic for half of a year;  and most of all, you will realize that you did NOT let yourself down.  In other words, you finished.  You did NOT quit!  You made a commitment to begin the Mary-thon, you set a personal fitness goal, you followed through with that goal and you are ready to reap the benefits of the energy and effort that you put forth. 

So – it’s time for the unveiling of the Finisher’s Medal!   Everyone who completes the Mary-thon as outlined will be awarded a beautiful medal commemorating your accomplishment.  This is a unique trophy available ONLY to those who have completed the 2011 Moving Forward Mary-thon.  It is BEAUTIFUL!  It is an antique brass, 3-Dimensional, 2 ¼” medal with a blue ribbon.  It says “Moving Forward Mary-thon 2011 Finisher” and "Finishing = Winning" with a "Mary-thon racer" (you) pictured right in the middle.  I applaud you for your efforts and look forward to congratulating you at the finish line when I present you with your medal.  

Now, I know that it will be difficult for you to contain your excitement once you view the Finisher’s Medal – and when you share this with friends and family, they will, no doubt, want to join with us.  There is still time to register!  Just ask them to e-mail  Mary to get started!  There’s always room for more!    movingforwardmarython@gmail.com

What a privilege it is to share this journey with you as we race together.  You CAN do it!  I want to congratulate your for believing in yourself.  It WILL lead to your success and I will be honored to present you with your Finisher's Medal at the end of your Mary-thon!  

Keep Moving Forward!
Mary

PS - I finished Week #3 of the Mary-thon!  I have had a major cold and no voice for 3 days - so I strategically chose Wednesday as my "day off" and finished my 5 days today.  Although I didn't feel well - I actually felt better once I exercised.  AND...I couldn't bear the thought of not being able to put my sticker on my chart this week!  3 down, 23 to go!!!  

3 comments:

  1. I love it Mary! Those look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find myself working out even when I'm tired and sick and hurt just to get that medal... thank you for this wonderful motivation that's helping me to get healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're in the right group! The medal definitely is a motivating factor for each of us! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete